1. Begin each day with optimism and end each day with forgiveness. Happiness in life
begins and ends within your heart.
2. Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
3. Calm your mind. Life becomes much easier when you keep your mind at peace.
4. Change is never painful. Only resistance to change is painful.
5. Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
6. Don’t blame people for disappointing you. Blame yourself for expecting too much from them.
7. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
8. Don’t mix bad words with your bad mood. You will have many opportunities to change your mood, but you will never get the opportunity to replace the words you spoke.
9. Don’t rush anything. When the time is right, it’ll happen.
10. Don’t tell people your plans, show them your results.
11. Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
12. Every experience, o matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.
13. Every time you resist acting on your emotions, you are rewiring your brain to be calmer.
14. Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.
15. Everything you need, your courage, strength, compassion and love; everything you need is already within you.
16. Falling down is part of life. Getting backup is living.
17. Family is not about blood. It’s about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it the most.